4/21/2011

The Rock Garden of Ryoanji

I love the Rock garden of Ryoanji in Kyoto. Every time I go to Kyoto, I visit there.

The Rack garden of Ryoanji is a garden composed of 15 rocks and white pebbles. White pebbles stretch all over the garden, and 15 rocks are interspersed along them. 
The refined space has nothing distracting me, which makes me feel confortable. 
What is unique to this garden is that we cannot see all of 15 rocks at the same time. From anywhere in the garden,as least one rock is hidden by other rocks.


















After i came to Seattle, I remembered what i had felt at the Rock garden of Ryoanji a few years ago
It was about values and cultures
The refined and elegant scene of garden made me think of the 15 island on white oceanand I felt like this

"we have various kinds of values and cultures in this worldand no one knows all of themIndeed it is important forus to poor affections to our values and culuturesbut we have to always keep in mind that we are missing somethingthat we cannot see from our standspoins."





It is because I met so many people with different languagesdifferent valuesand different backgrounds that I remembered this feeling here in Seattle.
Talking with them was really new to meand i sometimes found that their thought was totally different from mine.


I don't think that I have to accept all of their toughts
needhoweverto respect them and to be conscious that we may miss something our thoughts cannot reach


This is the lesson I learned from the Rock garden of Ryoanji.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿